This course is designed to develop your skills in Microsoft Office Word. You will learn how to use this software application designed for the creation, editing and production of largely text-based documents. On completion of this course you will be able to select and use a range of intermediate word processing software tools and techniques to produce documents.
Benefits to your business:
This course covers detailed aspects of editing, formatting text and graphics for professional documents. Those who achieve this course will be confident in the skills of digital information processing and able to present your business critical publications in the most visually impressive and effective way.
Share this course with someone you know...
You will learn how to:
Enter and combine text and other information accurately within word processing documents
- Identify what types of information are needed in documents
- Use appropriate techniques to enter text and other information accurately and efficiently
- Select and use appropriate templates for different purposes
- Identify when and how to combine and merge information from other software or other documents
- Select and use a range of editing tools to amend document content
- Combine or merge information within a document from a range of sources
- Store and retrieve document and template files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
Create and modify layout and structures for word processing documents
- Identify the document requirements for structure and style
- Identify what templates and styles are available and when to use them
- Create and modify columns, tables and forms to organise information
- Select and apply styles to text
Use word processing software tools to format and present documents effectively to meet requirements
- Identify how the document should be formatted to aid meaning
- Select and use appropriate techniques to format characters and paragraphs
- Select and use appropriate page and section layouts to present and print documents
- Describe any quality problems with documents
- Check documents meet needs, using IT tools and making corrections as necessary
- Respond appropriately to quality problems with documents so that outcomes meet needs
It is also possible to diversify with our other Microsoft Office courses in Excel Introduction, Intermediate or Advanced to further extend your skills and abilities in the digital field.
Moving on, you can demonstrate that you have the skills needed to get the most out of the Adobe software by completing our other Courses in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator at Introduction or Intermediate levels.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.