This qualification aims to help learners to understand:
- the meaning and importance of infection control
- the causes of infections, the conditions in which they thrive and the ways that they can be spread
- methods used to prevent and control the spread of infection. The objectives of this qualification are to:
- give learners working or intending to work in health care settings, knowledge and understanding of infection prevention and control to support their role in the workplace
- enable learners to progress to other qualifications in this subject area, or within the wider area of health and social care.
This is a flexible 6 month course and can be delivered in venues across Devon and Cornwall.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.