The Cornwall College Group’s postgraduate Professional Master’s Programme (PMP) is in partnership with Bath Spa University. It has been designed to offer professional learning on a part-time basis to those working in education. The MA is delivered part time only and will typically take 3 years.
We offer flexible learning through a range of work-based, independent study and taught modules, leading to a Master’s degree in either Educational Practice or Educational Leadership.
All PMP students will be registered with and have access to resources at, both Cornwall College and Bath Spa University.
- A postgraduate programme for educational professionals (currently employed within an educational field) delivered on your doorstep
- Research focused on your own practice, workplace or wider education – the choice is yours
- Flexible study arrangements allowing you to ‘step off’ at an exit point with an award
- Flexible learning with supervised independent study
- Experienced, expert tutors
MA in Educational Practice
MA in Educational Leadership and Management
Qualifications within the programme
The PMP has exit points that can be used to give you a qualification:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) – this involves the completion of 120 credits. At least 90 credits must be at Level 7 with a maximum of 30 at Level 6.
- Master of Arts (MA) – this is gained through the completion of 180 credits, including a final dissertation project of 15,000 to 20,000 words worth 60 credits.
For students working at a distance from the School of Education and Professional Development campus (Duchy Rosewarne) we offer flexible and distance learning modules.
Students registered on each module are allocated a personal tutor with an allocated number of support hours and can gain up to 60 credits following this pathway.
The flexible modules offered are:
- Independent Study Module
- Work-based Action Enquiry
For applications and all enquiries, please contact the PMP Co-ordinator:
+44 (0)1209 722105
- UCAS Code: Apply direct to College
- Awarded by: Bath Spa University
A first degree is required to join the Professional Master's Programme at Cornwall College. Professionals in education without a degree, but with a professional qualification and at least two year's professional experience will need to complete the Graduate Certificate route with Bath Spa University prior to entry on the full PMP offered in Cornwall.
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Course Documentsmasters programme booklet 02.08.17
I really like the fact that the course is linked to my teaching so I can see, and note, the benefits it is having on my teaching and the children - Hannah Crook PMP (part-time)
Core Research Modules for MAThe core modules that all students must complete to progress towards a Master's dissertation are:
- Research and the Professional (15 credits)
- Research Methodology and Project Preparation (15 credits)
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information