The horse care and husbandry course is suitable for anyone who is wanting to learn how to look after a horse well and will provide the practical skills and knowledge of basic horse husbandry and care.
This course will run from 09:00-16:00
Please note: this course is for applicants aged 19+ only
What You Will Learn
• How to work safely on an equestrian yard
• Tacking up a horse - a saddle, bridle and boots, as well as cleaning tack,
• Feeding and watering
• Caring for horses before and after work, including grooming and rugging horses.
• How to lead a horse safely in a variety of environments
• Identifying field checks
• Foundation knowledge of horse behaviour and health and to be able to recognise abnormalities.
Please come along to this course with suitable clothing and yard footwear for working with horses, you will also need a hat and gloves to participate.
This course is suitable for novice horse owners or those who wish to further their knowledge in caring for a horse. You are required to have some experience of being around and handling horses, it is not suitable for complete novices.
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.