This course will provide information for those wishing to further their knowledge of horse care and husbandry and is suitable for both horse owners and those who wish to work in the industry.
This course will run from 09:00-16:00
Please note: this course is for applicants aged 19+ only
What You Will Learn
This course will cover:
• Be able to prepare a horse to travel
• Know about horse behaviour
• Understand how to feed horses
• Know about basic horse anatomy
• Understand horse fitness
• Be able to maintain a horse’s health – including basic first aid
• Fitting tack
• Be able to prepare a horse for presentation
• Understand how to care for a horses’ feet
• Understand the environment for keeping horses
Please come along to this course with suitable clothing and yard footwear for working with horses, you will also need a hat and gloves to participate.
This course is suitable for horse owners or those who wish to further their knowledge in caring for a horse. You are required to have reasonable experience of handling horses, be competent in leading and generally understand safety requirements when around the horse. It is not suitable for beginners or novices.
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.