As business becomes increasingly global, the need for effective management within organisations becomes paramount and the opportunities for graduates expands. You will study the management of international business, and how the key theoretical approaches can be used in practice. You will get the opportunity to develop and apply business and management skills both within and outside of the formal programme.
Business will not be your only interest, you will have a passion for the game of golf and want to develop your game further. Our BA (Hons) International Business Management programme is sympathetically timetabled so that you can fully engage with our golf performance development programme, including competing in professional events, and our 10-12 weeks training in Southern Europe.
The programme is intensive, with the primary delivery taking place over 22 weeks from September to April. This intensive delivery model, with activity seven days a week, ensures that the academic and golf performance development delivery is completed ahead of Easter when the UK golf season starts. During the summer, students work either in positions within industry or practising, planning and managing their golf development.
The BA (Hons) International Business Management (with Professional Golf) aims to:
- Produce students who are knowledgeable, analytical, forward thinking and highly employable in an international business environment.
- Allow students to develop their critical thinking and understanding of the factors and issues involved in managing international businesses.
- Develop key transferable skills and autonomy of learning.
- Ensure currency of delivery throughout the programme.
- Provide opportunity for students to practice and develop business and management skills within and outside of the formal programme.
*Subject to approval by Plymouth Marjon University
Additional costs/fee information
Additional programme costs of £9500.00 to cover the costs of all accommodation, unlimited golf, use of all resort facilities, weekly internal competitive golf events, coaching and performance management, liaison with your existing coach when required, opportunity to play in the Portugal Pro Golf Tour events, airport transfers in Portugal. Initial deposit of £500.00 (deducted from your final year programme costs). Accommodation deposit £250.00. For more information regarding the programme costs and accommodation: Tristan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCAS Code: IBMG
- Institution codes: CORN C78
- Fees: Fees Explained
104 - 112 UCAS points from acceptable Level 3 qualifications. Plus GCSE Grade C/4 English language and mathematics; alternatives at Level 2 may be considered.
The Cornwall College Group delivers high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It consistently exceeds rigorous national quality requirements for UK higher education.Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Indicative Modules Year 1
- Brand and Image (20)
- Academic and Professional Golf Development in the workplace (20)
- Economics for Managers (20)
- Introduction to Finance (20)
- Global Business Environment (20)
- Organisational Behaviour and Operational Management (20)
Indicative Modules Year 2
- Human Resource Management and Development (20)
- Contemporary International Business Issues (20)
- Research Methods (20)
- Funding and Financial Decision Making (20)
- E-Business and Marketing (20)
- Professional Golf Experience (20)
Indicative Modules Year 3
- Strategic Management and Leadership (20)
- Current International Management Issues (20)
- Tournament Golf as a Business (20)
- Honours Project (40)
- Professional Golf Tour Experience (20)
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information