As a modern horticulturalist you’ll need a range of skills including; scientific knowledge of plants, soil, pest and diseases and a wide variety of practical skills such as planting, pruning and hard landscaping. Our Level 2 and Level 3 courses will give you all the in-depth knowledge you need to start your career, with the option of continuing on to university study with one of our degrees at the iconic Eden Project.
We offer four options for you to gain a career in the horticultural industry depending on your GCSE results and which branch of horticulture you wish to study. Our two Level 3 courses oer you the choice of university study with progression on to our degrees at the Eden Project, or employment on completion of your course. Our Level 2 and Level 1 courses are ideal should your GCSEs not be what you expected, with the option to progress to Level 2 or Level 3.
Share this course with someone you know...
You are enthusiastic about working in horticulture.
GCSEs in English and maths at grade 3.
- Plant and soil science: An introduction into the basic botany of plants and the overview of soils and their use
- Establish and maintain plants: This unit involves ground preparation, planting, pruning, hedge cutting, plant propagation and other maintenance skills
- Landscape Surfaces: A practical unit which develops skills in paving and setting out features
- Plant Propagation: This unit covers all aspects of plant propagation including seeds, cuttings and an introduction to micro propagation in our specialist micro propagation unit.
- Plant Nomenclature: This will give an introduction to plant naming and identification of a range of plants, trees and shrubs.
- Work experience: An opportunity to explore a specific area of the horticulture industry through completing 150 hours of work experience
- Plant selection: Choose the correct plant for the correct place
This course to be delivered through classroom-based lessons, practical sessions and tutorials.
Spending time outdoors in practical hands-on training within our extensive grounds.
Continue your studies with either our Horticulture Diploma Level 3 or our Horticulture Design & Landscape Diploma Level 3, or go into employment.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.