If you are studying a full-time study programme at Duchy College and your household income is below £31,000 per year you could be eligible for financial support with your studies. At Duchy College we want to remove as many barriers to learning as possible. All eligible students can apply for financial support to assist with transport, accommodation, or college meals. Our students are also able to access exclusive offers and discounts through UniDays and the Student Union.
We have limited funds available so please apply as soon as possible. If you apply late and all funds have been allocated to other students, we may not be able to provide funding financial support to you. To apply you will need to have to hand your unique student reference number and your bank and household income details available to upload.Apply for a bursary today
Am I eligible for a bursary to support with travel costs?
- If you are aged 16-18 (or up to the age of 25 with an EHCP) and your family household income is below £31,000 per year, you could be entitled to funded transport to get you to and from college.
- If you are aged 19+ you could be eligible for financial support for travel to and from college.
You must live more than 3 miles from your chosen campus to be eligible for any transport assistance.
Please click here to view our transport links.
To guarantee your bus pass arriving in time for the start of term the closing date for applications for transport will be Friday 6th August 2021
Am I eligible for a Free College Meal?
You could get a free meal whist at college if your household income is below £16,190 per year and you are aged 16-18 on a full-time study programme. Please refer to our FE Financial Support Guide.
Am I eligible for a bursary to support with course fees?
- If you are aged under 19 on 31st August 2021 your course will be free.
- If you are aged 19+ course fees will vary depending on personal circumstances and eligibility. To check eligibility and the evidence required please refer to our FE Financial Support Guide or contact our enquiries team on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
Am I eligible for support with my childcare?
- If you are aged 16-19 then you can be supported by Care to Learn. Click here to apply.
- If you aged 20+ then you apply for the College Bursary.
16-18 Vulnerable Young Learner Bursary
There is a bursary available for you if you are aged 16-18 at the start of the course and are in any of the following categories:
- In receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit in your own right
- In care
- Care leaver
- In receipt of both Disability Living Allowance / PIP (Personal Independence Payment) along with Employment Support Allowance
This bursary can support you with travel and course related costs for essential equipment and resources.
Am I able to get support with residential accommodation costs?
- If you are aged 16-18 and you need to be resident to participate because the course is not available locally and / or because if requires you to be available during unsociable hours on a regular basis.
- If you are aged 19-30 and studying a full-time level 2 or 3 qualification and your daily return travelling time would be greater than 2 hours per day and your household income is below £31,000 you may be eligible for funding support with accommodation costs.
The closing dates for the Residential Bursary will be August 1st 2021.Click here to apply
- Supporting Your Learning
- Supporting You
- Students’ Union
- Information for Parents
- How to Apply
- Your Options Explained
- Term dates
- Careers Information