This course is designed for the beginner or those with very little experience as an introduction into the creative process of silversmithing. Your tutor will be Suzanne Barr, a local jeweller with a wide range of experience and skills to share with you.
It will cover a variety of basic techniques to produce beautiful, individual jewellery in copper, brass and sterling silver. The techniques taught will include piercing, soldering, filing, texturing and finishing. Materials are provided for the first project and your tutor will advise you of where you can buy any further materials you’ll need. Please wear old clothes or bring an apron to protect your clothes and footwear should not be open toed.
- Venue: Cornwall College St Austell
- Start Date: Wednesday, 06/02/2019
- End Date: Wednesday, 10/04/2019
- Start Time: 6:00PM
- End Time: 8:30PM
- Venue: Cornwall College St Austell Tregonissey Road St Austell Cornwall PL25 4DJ
- Course length: 10 weeks evenings
- Fee: £165.00
- Course Code: RE:STA:RE:A163:M:18