On this course you will gain a basic understanding of Manual Metal ARC welding (stick) and Metal Arc Gas Shielded (MIG), covering Flat and H/V single weld beads, re-joining of runs, welding outside corner joints, Butt welds and horizontal/vertical fillet welds on 3-6mm thick plate. The MIG/Mags welding section will cover the setting-up of the machine (gas, volts and wire speed etc) for correct operation to deposit welds in the horizontal/vertical and Flat welding positions, material thickness 1-6mm.
You will require fire resistant overalls and steel toe capped boots/shoes for this course. Also due to Health and Safety guidelines we would recommend that you wear glasses instead of contact lenses if you require them.
- Venue: Cornwall College Camborne
- Start Date: Thursday, 26/04/2018
- End Date: Thursday, 21/06/2018
- Start Time: 6:00PM
- End Time: 8:00PM
- Venue: Cornwall College Camborne Trevenson Campus Pool Redruth Cornwall TR15 3RD
- Course length: 8 weeks
- Fee: £166.00
- Course Code: RE:1W06:CAM-M-1/1